Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rhubarb in Alaska

This is a Kacie post by the way so it is not confusing. So today was gorgeous the sky was so blue it was breath taking. It is amazing how much beauty there is here  and what God has bless us with. Me and the kids went and picked rhubarb from a friend's house. So we went overboard on picking but it was hard to stop and it was so nice to let the kids explore a new place. So I thought I would let everyone in on our day.

Kids running through the garden. They had a blast.

The indoor garden. So the tomato plants will touch the ceiling.

Showing how big the leaves are.

I didn't make a dent in the patch

Kenten showing off the biggest leaf.

The view from their house.



Love the mountains.


 All washed  and ready to cut.

All cleaned and cut up ready to turn into something wonderful.



There is a total of 6 gallons of cut rhubarb for the freezer
and 5 tupperware of freezer jam
15qt of canned Jam
7pt of canned Jam




All the work is worth it and thanks again to the friends for sharing the rhubarb.The kids helped out so much. And to end my busy day I cleaned my dish and had to try out the Jam with some toast.

To put icing on the cake for the day I seen a mom and baby moose tonight. She was a very caring mom.








No comments:

Post a Comment